Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Little Reminders

Often times I find myself so busy going from one task to another that I question whether or not I am on the right track.  Should I slow down?  Do I have margin and balance in my life?  Is this a healthy pace?  All of these questions will pass through during the course of my running.  This week I had to collect a stage that I had rented to Mill Creek Pub.  I would have generally had a second set of hands for this task but I was alone.  As I walked into the restaurant I hear, "Donna"!  I look over and there sits my pastor Mark Newell and a friend of his at a table for lunch.  What luck - I tell him how happy I am to see him because I need help.  He and his friend walk the heavy stage to my truck.  I wonder what I did to deserve this kind of luck.  And what I have done to have these kind of people in my life.  People that get up from their lunch date to lift a heavy stage for me without a second thought.  I called the restaurant to pay for their lunch and the owner's response was, "don't worry about it - we are having them help us lift an oven so we are happy to buy their lunch". This blog is a little reminder to myself that all the running around, investing in others, and doing whatever it takes to run my business is the right thing for me.  I am on the right track and I have support from amazing community members like Mill Creek Pub and North Creek Church.  Community members who laugh when I need to pick up a stage on my own.  Community members who lift me up, hug me, and ultimately remind me that I am right where I need to be.  Additionally, I was able to meet with another community partner - Pacific Perks coffee.  Jim took time to talk shop with Pauline and I and we walked away with yet another connection to remind us that we are right where we are needed.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment