Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Adventure Begins...

Pauline and I signed our lease yesterday.  Five years!  What will those five years hold for us?  Hopefully a lot of growth, fun, and an overwhelming success that we have worked so hard to achieve.  If it's anything like the past three years we can't wait for the ride to begin!

Our journey began in 2008 when I decided to start an event rental company.  With no idea of a name, I started thinking of A names to be first in the aphabet on the internet, directories, etc.  Abacus just came to me with the tag line "count on us" - at the time there was no us - it was just me.  I thought it was brilliant and then everyone mispronounced Abacus (A-bock-is?  Ab-buck-us?) and seemed perplexed by the name.  Oh well, I knew the Chinese counting tool and it started with A and I quickly tossed out the notion that anyone was going to appreciate the brilliance!

In 2009 my entire world would be changed when "Count on us" -became an actual US!  I told my friend Pauline she could help with my event rentals during the summer because I was really busy.  I had no idea what this woman was capable of or if she would even be interested.  Suddenly Abacus was meeting the mayor, getting exclusive contracts, and doubling then trippling in size.  Pauline will talk to anyone and everyone and instantly she's your best friend.  Lucky for me she really is my best friend and the best business partner anyone could ask for - EVER.  God has had a hand in every piece of Abacus from our first summer together to signing our lease yesterday.  Obstacles have been removed, bad decisions have been brought to light, good people have been placed in our paths, and the Vancouver community has provided an overwhelming support for our little company. 

So, here we are Vancouver - social media bloggers and all - waiting to see what you and God have in store for the five years of our lives we just signed away.  BRING IT ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment