Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lighten Up!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

I generally spend this day with my parents eating corn beef and cabbage.  Seeing as they are currently sunning themselves in Southern California so I opted to go raise some money for seniors in our community tonight instead. 

We had a great group of attendees who came out to support the Specifically Seniors St. Patrick's Day event.  Billygan's Roadhouse is the best!  They have a staff whose entire goal is to take care of their community.  The servers, bartenders, and managers are all on board with helping their community and supporting ALL of our efforts.  I am so thankful for my Vancouver community some days I am simply overwhelmed.  If all of us took care of one another all the time - how great would that be?  If we all were honest and kind and stopped to take care of the person in the next booth - what a concept.  Thank you Billygan's for showing kindness to strangers tonight - it will not be forgotten!

I had a very trying, emotional day today.  I have been running on overdrive and it's catching up with me.  Running our event company while also working full time, and raising money for organizations that are moving mountains - I want to do all of it and then also be a great mother and wife to my family...I am failing miserably on all accounts.  The great news is that I know I am being shaped and molded for something and I will continue to press through the hard times in order to get to the finish line.  I can't wait to see what that is - will it be seeing my children graduate with honors?  Watching them raise their own children one day?  Seeing our community become more aware of the needs of our seniors and begin investing in them?  Watching our business (Abacus Event Rentals) stand alone and thrive?  I wonder...

Whatever my finish line is I know I am going to have to lighten up if I am going to reach it.  I am going to have to make room for failure.  I have to learn to give myself a break and accept that moving mountains and leaving a legacy is not for the faint of heart.  Whatever your finish line is - I hope you reach it and are able to look back and see the labor of love that you have worked so hard for come full circle.  I hope that while you are helping people reach their goals and dreams they are right behind you lifting you into your dreams as well.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment