Saturday, January 28, 2012

I Blinked


My daughter has a friend over to spend the night tonight.  Our house is a VERY fun house for little girls.  I have a closet downstairs with about 10 wedding dresses that I collected from trade shows over the years.  Dress up is a popular past time here.  I headed dowsnstairs to help with zippers and buttons and I caught myself in the closet.  In one corner of the closet I have a collection of baby clothes that I have saved.  On the other side of the closet hang wedding dresses.  All too soon I will be blinking again and I won't be in the downstairs closet - I will be in a changing room of a hotel helping my daughter zip her actual wedding dress.  How does this happen?  Everyone tells you it happens, tries to prepare you for it and then the reality hits you harder than you ever imagine.  Hits you when you are trying to create a fun sleepover for your nearing 12 year old.  I headed back upstairs to compose myself after my heart sank in that innocent looking closet. 


Tomorrow I get to host a trade show booth at another wedding show and I cannot wait!  Marry Me at the Vancouver Hilton is going to be great!  I will talk with mothers whose daughters were just last night trying on wedding dresses.  I will meet women who were hosting sleepovers yesterday, trying on dresses and painting their nails.  I will see what happens when we blink.  What happens when we meet the person who makes us turn into little girls again.  Makes us laugh, makes us cry, makes us blush, and makes us dream about our futures.  These women are going to come by my booth and ask for recommendations.  All I may be able to say is "don't blink" because all too soon baby clothes turn into wedding dresses.  Enjoy every single moment of planning to picking out colors to food.  Have the best time of your life preparing for the biggest day of your life.  Don't miss a second of it worrying about problems but rather dive in and play your best round of dress up ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment